Sunday, December 30, 2012


~a post~holiday~post~~~

I did a little thrifting yesterday.  Thrilled to find one of these marmalade crocks!  ~~right here, smack-dab in the middle of the mid-west!  Who'd of thought I could possibly run onto one of these~~I have seen these English crocks on other blog-sites and just dreamed about finding one~~




~~aren't these little bags cute?  Sweet, bargain price for the pair and the print is displayed on both sides of the bags (project for July?)~~~








~~and found some whites to add to the cabinet~~

I'm so wanting to repaint the black cabinet white; I'm still thinking~~




I have one of these jars in my kitchen to hold my Keurig cups~~bought this one to paint up and sell at the booth;  these things always sell quickly for me~~



Love my coffee.




~~and my hot teas~~




Well these little glass cuties were not going to be left behind~~someone saved all the glass "percolater" tops from their old coffee pots!  Is that not adorable!  ~~so I bought these too on the very, very cheap.  Don't know what to do with them yet; have you any ideas?  I know you do!





~~and this huge (it is big) old, aluminum coffee pot (paid $1.00 for this sweet thing); 

I set inside a flameless, flickering candle and it looks like the pot is perking.

~~my old chair I bought to paint.  Not painted.  But, I will eventually.  Really.



Are you ready for 2013?  I'm ready~~a New Year with greater expectations for what can be for my family and myself~~looking forward with a positive attitude; making plans and working on ideas for our home. 

Thank you for stopping by~~

~patty~




4 comments:

  1. Hi Patti, those old percolator tops would make cute topper for a jar lid, maybe? If they could be secured properly. What a great idea for an old percolator, wish I kept mine. I need to really stay focused on "want vs need" this year (probably forever). Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marmalade jar is from Dundee which is in the north east of Scotland - great find.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty, looks like you had a fun day . . . I have not been thrifting in a while . . . I must put it on my calendar :)
    Thanks for sharing your amazing finds.
    Here's wishing you are wonderful new year . . . may wonderful blessings come your way all through the year.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thrifting finds. I went thrifting today too, but didn't get as lucky as you.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete