Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mod Podge French Boxes


Hey; I just figured out home-made chalk paint works beautifully on "cardboard boxes" too!

Got a great little deal on 3-nesting-boxes at GW for $1.00; painted each one in a black, white and gray~~

Hobby and Michels sell cardboard boxes of all descriptions really cheap too (better on half-price week!)~~




I used some vintage "naturally aged" paper bought for label projects and cut them 8x11 for my printer~~copied my images right onto the aged paper~~




Above~~the "Paris" image I decided to tear along the edges to look worn.




~~and simply mod-podged the cut outs (labels) onto my painted boxes~~then mod-podge over to protect the image~~




Brown paper sacks (cut to 8x11) for printer paper would work sweetly too; would give a project that old, natural look in vintage labels~~




Off to see what you're up to this week and start (finishing-up) some delayed projects.

Thanks for stopping by; I love it when you peek in!  Have an awesome day~~

~~patty~~

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love using Mod Podge and paper on little boxes. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that I follow your wonderful blog:)
    You always have the best ideas!!!!Just love it!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boxes are fabulous. We don't have modge podge in this part of the world but the outcome is so so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting projects!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete