Friday, March 11, 2011

Goodwill Hunting


Today was not a bad hunting-day for vintage--
A little bonus porcelain bunny to match a few Easter blue-checked linen napkins:



A single pillow case embroidered with blue hearts--


Found a gray wooden file box--and more little metal molds:


Love this wooden box--sweet hardware inside still slides to hold index cards:


Cutest little planter; wash tubs---


See the "plastic" ornate wall pitcher?  I know--it's PLASTIC--
but, something about it--(maybe because it was only a dollar!)---it just has some charm to it.  I'll paint it white----
Then a little vintage book "Bridges of Madison County"--yes--seen the movie 2, 3 or 10 times.  Cost:  25 cents.

Embroidery hoop---the hangers were FREE from a friend!


At C.C.--sweet wall lamp for $3.00; loving the milk glass.


Also from C.C.---three old plates W. S. George---50 cents each---


And then later today at the local resale shop--found this wrought iron plate stand for $5.00:



Perfect for my W. S. George plates!


Talk about awesome happenings---I love to collect vintage religious items:
I purchased the picture on Ebay for $12.00 last month--
and a few days later at a local shop I found this tall plaster figure of Madonna for $2.50:
look at how similar they are!  I love them.


I'm joining these fine ladies:


Photobucket



 
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Button


http://www.commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

Vintage Inspiration Friday





19 comments:

  1. What a haul you got-I've been finding nothing lately! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fabulous goodies - i am very jealous of the plate stand - ive been looking for one for ages, fingers crossed you post will bring me luck and I'll spot one soon! :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.
    so many beautiful things.lovely..
    have a nice day.
    from sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did find some awesome stuff. My fav. is the little file cabinet. You'll have to show us how you use it - or maybe you're planning to sell it. Wooden hangers are great too - and you can't beat 'free'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I can't believe how close your madonna picture and figurine are ... you couldn't have planned it any better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous finds. I bought one of those plate racks that was only 2 tier at a Willow House Party for a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love them all....don't know which is my favorite. the plastic wall pocket has definate potential and I love the wall lamp, as I use them over the beds at the inn.
    Great finds!
    hugs,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really did have great thrifting luck this week. All the linens are so pretty and the blue napkins are so fun for Easter. Love the wall lamp (milk glass makes me swoon). Bargain on the plate rack and such pretty plates you found also. Just a good week for you! Thanks for joining JFF. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are ready for some high tea at your place now, with that lovely cake stand and plates.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog
    Best wishes Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "picture" madonna and then the statue madonna are, indeed, very similar. Wow! Great finds. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what loot! I love the rabbit and the old hangers. What great finds. XoL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty, thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I love all your finds -- and you found ALOT! -- but most especially the wooden card box and that blue planter! I've never seen that one before! I have painted those wall hangings white before and LOVED the results!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You certainly got a lot of great deals! I especially love the linens, card box and W. S. George plates.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What treasures you found. So many things I love including the little wall lamp with the milk glass shade and the hangers from your friend. The white card box is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from JFF and I hope you stop by Cottage and Creek and say 'hi'.
    ~Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog through A La Carte ~ I absolutely love your blog and I love thrifting. You have found some lovely treasures. I am now a follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great finds there. all the stuffs were lovely, don't know which to pick:)
    http://www.diyandmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a great thrifting run! Love the wooden file drawer and Mary figure the most. I bet the pitcher will look great white. Thanks for linking up to my Share the Love link party-hope to see you next week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa! I want to go shopping with you next time. You really know how to score great goods at terrific prices. ;)

    Thanks for linking to the party. Can't wait to see what you link up to the next party.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. More wonderful finds! The Madonna print and figure are both so lovely!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete