Friday, March 25, 2011

Forsythia


Here's my little quicky-project today:
Made these eggs to hang on some pretty yellow forsythia branches~~
I bought several vintage postcards recently for 1.50 each and copied the images to make the vintage~Easter~eggs.



Then using one of those plastic eggs (comes apart--use 1/2 as a pattern to trace the egg shape on the image)~~also traced out egg shape onto thin styrofoam (cardstock would work too)~~
Then~~mod-podged images onto egg shape styro; hot-glued some trim around the edge~~
Leave enough of the trim to tie onto the branch.



I used different images to both sides of the egg~~



Simple, but kinda sweet too.  Today was flea market at local mall~~I got home too late to take pictures of some of my bargains, but will do that later this weekend. 
May I tempt you to come back and see??  I found pretty china plates, antique jar with bale wire, Westmoreland plate (for 1.00---soooo happy about that!) and some silver goodies. 

Have a great and fun weekend!

I'm sending this over to:





CLICK TO JOIN MY WEEKLY LINKY PARTY—STILL IN PROGRESS!

fav_thngs_cmbnd_thumb[1][1]

14 comments:

  1. Very cute eggs! The vintage images on them are perfect.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable idea. Such a sweet Easter Tree. Thanks for following my blog. I shall go right now & follow you back.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet Easter Eggs. Love the forsythia ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! I love using my postcards, scanned for projects. but I love your eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the eggs- so Spring-y! Do you mind me asking what kind of copier you use? I hate mine because ink is so expensive and if I run out of yellow ink- even the full black won't print. Thinking of buying a new one- any advice from you or your crafty readers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Easter and I love vintage graphics. Your eggs are darling! I can't wait for the forsythias to bloom around here. Just hoping the snow melts soon! I'm your newest follower ... love your blog!
    ~Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are so pretty, and they might even be easy enough for ME to make some! Thank you for sharing these for Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!! I would love it if you would come and link this up to my Marvelous Mess party. Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/03/marvelous-mess-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty - I love them - :O)
    Just found your blog and I love it - such a pretty place.
    A xx
    http://anyaadores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great and very creative idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea!I love those eggs. Have a wonderful day and keep yourself crafty. Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Easter vignettes are very charming, Patty. I love forsythia. It's such a pleasant reminder of spring.

    Thanks for participating in Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete