Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shoppin' at ReStore and an Old Wagon


Isn't this old wagon cute!  I bought it for $29.00~~
While unloading my stuff at the booths, an elderly gentleman was also bringing in some pretty neat, vintage, rusty, old items~~he sold this to me right on the spot.  I couldn't get it in the old jeep fast enough.

On the way home with it~~schemed my plans to use a big old galvanized bucket with a "recycled Christmas Tree" from the Restore (2.00); leftover garlands, tuck in some white burlap at the base of tree and new red bows.  Add lights~~

It looks pretty lit at night~~hope to post a pic. soon~~


And below:

This is bad.  Really bad.  Story goes like this: told self "no more buying junk/vintage/etc until I've downsize the collection of (same)"~~

Then our local ReStore had the biggest deal last week:  donate canned goods and get anything for 1/2 off;  I could NOT pass up that deal.  This is only a portion of what I bought and only spent $20.00~~will pic. later rest of the loot. 



Bought these chairs for $2.50 each; and only pictured one of the industrial stools (each for $1.50)~~and those half~round things~~3 of them for $2.50 each~~have in mind a great project using some hardware/chicken wire~~


I have to get busy paintin' and refixin'~~it will help me feel less guilty for bringing home more junk.


Have a great day and happy junkin'!

10 comments:

  1. Get to painting! Cant wait to see the new completed stuff. That wagon is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did good, love the cart. You have given me the idea to decorate my little wooden (newer) cart. Should look cute. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cart is fantastic and love the way you decorated it. Don't feel bad, Patty, you are helping the environment out a great deal by recyclying/upcycling! ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that wagon is awesum!!! You will have a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay we are now officially best friends! :)
    For starters, your header is stunning, not only do you have an incredible eye for detail & prices. I want that cart! :))
    Hugs Rosemary...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. І do not κnow if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your blog. It looks like some of the written text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I've had this
    happen bеfore. Appreciate it

    HTTP://romanceiѕnotdead.com/Useгs/7947.163348
    my web site :: forestry trucks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cart and it is so adorable the way you decorated it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adoring that wagon!!! And I cant wait to see what you do with your other finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous wagon! I love all your finds especially the industrial stool!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you got to Target for the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. I do the same thing, but I think I've finally got my spending under control as I don't need or have room for one more thing. It is so hard to pass up good deals when you know you can remake them into something very pretty.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete