Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Cider Jug


Can you tolerate one more cheap, crafty idea for autumn?  I bought some apple cider jugs and spray painted the white lids with brown spray paint to make them look antique~vintage~~


Added some fall looking faux berries and used some of jute binding around the base portion (hot glued the back side to adhere to the bottle)~~


Used a simple bird and twig stencil~~~


Love these faux acorns I stupidly purchased at a store last week when I could get the real thing for FREE at the local park!   Makes sweet bowl~fillers on the side table.

Ready for Monday?  What project (s) are you working on?  See you tomorrow!

Patty

Sending this over to:
BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE

12 comments:

  1. I like it. The jute fits right in.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea....I love it! I don't mind one bit that you share your cheap, crafty ideas.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always for for another cheap idea! Cute...I need to go get some cider!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Loved the stencil on the jute.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your ideas! They turn out so beautifully and you would never guess how inexpensive. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! Is there anything better then free or cheap! Really like the stenciled jute, very cute and could be used on some different things! The whole arrngement is lovely.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I absolutely love your jug! What a cleveer idea. I am saving this for sure! Just to make you feel better about buying the acorns. I pick them up all the time and have had no problem. My friend, however said that she had worms in the bowl from her gathered acorns. YUK! Glad that mine are worm free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure I left a comment about this cool jug- maybe it went to a cyberspace graveyard? Anyway- I love the simplicity of the stenciled upholstery webbing wrapped around the jug! Really gives it some presence. So clever. :-)
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the idea of painting the white lid with the textured brown paint. It really made the lid look old. By the way, the burlap birdie band with berries makes your cider jug look fantastic. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete