Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Habitat Resale Shopping~~

               ~~Tuesday at the Habitat Shop was awesome~~I'm posting just a quick snippet of my lucky finds early this morning; will post remainder for Friday's Bloggin' Parties~~Let me say first~~I don't hoard ALL this stuff (I buy cheap; paint it, fix it, and sell it).  Although, I might be inclined to keep around a few favorite pieces for awhile.



I spied the metal basket for 50 cents on entering the first isle; a huge roll of this awesome jute webbing (thin enough to sew onto fabrics) and only $3.00

Below: putting some thoughts together for fabric inspiration~~



And~~my $1.00 old suitcase.  I love this thing. 



What I didn't buy (and may go back to get them if still there) an antique birdcage for $5.00; three old metal type~writer tables for $2.00 each (like a fool I only bought one~~$2.00 each!!) I'll post mine on Friday with my other bargains.

Time for coffee~~be back to see what you've been up to; have a great day.



11 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Id'a picked up these treasures too. That webbing is amazing and you can never go wrong w/ tweed suitcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say JEALOUS

    I always find high dollar items I like

    What a find

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great finds, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, my Habitat store doesn't have anything like that ... just fixtures and hardware stuff. Love the jute you found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! Esp. the suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some wonderful things! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what cool finds ! I love the suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wish we had one of those stores around here ~ you found some wonderful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, fabulous finds! Lucky, lucky you. I love that jute webbing!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the webbing. I have a roll with red trim that I bought a walmart for $6. I have used it often. Suitcases are so fun for displaying. I have 3 stacked in my bonus room. It makes me smile when my grand daughters come down stairs with one while playing dress ups. Better go snatch that birdcage right up. I just bought one at an antique store while vacationing in Idaho. It cost me $39. That's some bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a local store called the "Restore"- just great treasures- daily finds- really hit and miss adventure!

    ReplyDelete