Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ideas for New Year

Not much chatter in my blog today; just photos and thoughts for starting the New Year.  Sharing some photos along with some ideas floating around in my head! 
Love using small stack of old books; using my $1.00 antique gravy boat atop.  Simple, but sweet.


Those "dollar stores" (Everything For $1.00---) bundles of "Emergency Candles"--


Tomorrow's list:  buy more plastic storage boxes--take down Christmas decorations; clean out the big closet downstairs:  ORGANIZE!


I'll take a break later with a cup of favorite tea in a pretty cup/saucer; maybe read a few chapters of a new book from Christmas; maybe just try a new vignette here and there in the house.

Hobby Lobby has the new garden stuff out already!  (had to have the big 'ol blue-bird you see in the cloche)---I think he looks rather vintage and sweet with his cracked glaze and little floral motiff on his chest!  (maybe it's a "she").

Our local thrift shop had this darling handpainted on canvas print ($1.00)---signed "Toot".  This had to come home with me!  It makes me smile-----


It's time!  I'm making lists while I sit here at the computer browsing your blogs; getting ideas for home and garden.  Spring not that far away---gives me time to drink hot tea and dream big!


Drag out the inspiration papers, books, scraps-of-ideas; put in my order for the new Pottery Barn catalog; re-organize my stashes and loot; box up items for charity.  Clean out some spaces.  Buy more junk to fill in spaces.  Oh---I love this life of mine!  I'm sending this post over to Linda's: she's hosting Friday Junkin' Finds:

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun & relaxing day - no rush to get to anything! Enjoy! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your little vignettes. and I especially love the little painting with the swing!
    Happy New Year!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet and simple vignettes! They just grab your attention! I also love that little painting with the swing..how cute! That sweet blue bird makes me think if spring. Still I'm enjoying this time of year. I get like you and ready to clean, purge, organize and reflect! Thanks for joining JFF!
    Happy New Year! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your wonderful thrifty finds at A La Carte. What great treasures you found. I especially like the little shoes and those clocks. Happy hunting in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those emergency candles-you've displayed them beautifully! Happy New Year:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great items for $1.00. I'm with you-January-organize!!!!!Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all of your treasures, and especially the candles bundled together. very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HALLO!
    a NEW YEAR AND A NEW BEGINING..I READ THAT YOU HAVE MADE SOME ORGINAZING TODAY..THATS WHAT I HAVE TO DO...NO!! :)..

    MAKING PLANS FOR THE GARDENINGS ARE LOVELY THINGS TO DO...CEEPS THE DREAM AWAKE AND THE SPRINGTIME WILL BE HERE SOON!!
    I LIKE YOUR BLOGG!

    SEE YOU!

    //SANNE!!

    ReplyDelete