Monday, May 28, 2012

Easy Lamp Shade Re-do


Stencilling on fabrics is so easy; great for many projects.  If you are new to stencilling; buy a good stencil brush, practice on some paper or fabric to get the hang of it (remember to "pounce up and down" only)~~use fabric paints on anything you intend to wash such as pillows or towels.

I buy most of my stencils from Etsy and Ebay sellers; there are hundreds to choose from.

Above picture~~I stencilled on a vintage linen napkin to use for the front of my lampshade project~~



I want to use burlap on the backside, so I start with the burlap on three sides of the shade using clothespins to hold (they work beautifully til you're ready to hotglue).




After I have hot-glued the top, bottom then the sides~~I  trim off excess fabric.




Now I'm ready to use the linen stencilled fabric~~following the same technique~~



Add some trims to the sides first; then top and bottom.













Stencilled "anything" sells right out of the shop booths~~chairs with stencilled seats (fabric or on wood); lampshades, pillows, etc. 

And anything with linen and burlap appeals to my buyers too~~it's a great mix with the galvanized / metal items arranged in my booths; softens up the "industrial stuff" that I so love to display.

~patty~

Join in the fun here and share your inspiration:

Knick of Time Interiorsblah2beautiful



25 comments:

  1. Cute and easy! Thanks for sharing how to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I like the plain burlap as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make this look so easy. Love the stencil and the burlap. Very cute shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello here,
    Easy Lamp Shade Re-do
    Neat publish! I feel an obligation to heart fully thank you for your effort throughout the website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty--I might give this a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. How adorable! And I like that you give your feedback on what people are interested in. That's very helpful. So cute. I found this post at Knick of Time.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - great project and your instructions are so clear. I have always wanted to re-do a lampshade - and now you've convinced me it's easy!!

    I found this on Knick of Time.

    Linda

    PS - I am following you...perhaps you can follow me as well!

    http://www.studioofdecorativearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Patty! I need that to go with my new blue table :D
    ox,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now look how easy you made that look! Really Cute! Loving that lamp! Nice job- Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this!!! The burlap adds so much to it..thanks for the tip with the clothespins. I have a shade I have been wanting to redo and you have given me some great ideas. Pleased to become a follower.

    Debbie@ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning!! I love your creativity....your latest follower! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so cute ~~ well done ~

    Sincerely,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    I like your Blessed Virgin Mary Statue too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! Love the burlap with it. I'm featuring your lamp shade in the PoPP Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how this turned out!

    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your post. The lampshade is adorable, the how-to excellent and the information about what buyers are interested in is great to know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    What a brilliant idea, I love it!
    I like your wine labels too, I have a husband who is a member of ' Munskänkarna' here in Sweden. So I got lots of them..

    Have a nice day! /Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love anything french! Your lamp is beautiful. I am your newest follower, please visit my blog and if you like it follow me! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a wonderful job. I am now inspired to give this a try!

    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this project, and all your projects for that matter. Thanks for the reminder about how great stenciling can be-you have some creative ideas. Thanks for the nice comment about my galvanized fishing buckets. I am your newest follower. Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see why these kinds of things sell right out the door! All your projects are so chic, and I love that those kitchen towels are from Walmart. I hope my Walmart has some. I love all your burlap and stenciling projects. I have been looking through many of your recent posts. You have inspired me! Thank you for coming by Quirky Vistas and leaving me a sweet comment and for following as that is how I found you. I'm now following you too!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unique idea to have a two sided shade. Nice job!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like how you work.
    Flavia from Italy

    www.saladiquiltatura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete