Saturday, July 23, 2011

Iced Tea~~


My old wicker rocker is strategically placed~~in the corner of the porch~~nice to sit in the evenings when it's cooler~~love hearing the flag flap~~we have these on every corner of the boulevard street lights until after Labor Day~~I'm ready for a tall glass of iced tea~~



Keeping water for the feathered friends too~~soooo hot this week.
Most of my potted plants have already withered; the potted petunias are looking stressed; even though I keep them watered during this hot streak we're having.

Still at the projects; slowly chipping away at the to-do-list:

Walmart seagrass baskets for $7.00 each; my added to-do-list~~these will be on the bottom selves of my 1970's china cabinet I painted black (now thinking of painting white)~~


NOT a good picture today in this room~~but, I intend to take off the two bottom doors and the shelves inside will fit each basket perfectly!  What do you think about painting this cabinet white (and I am also stripping off that ugly "gold" filigree on the glass doors--totally ugh!)~~but, I love this cabinet; it's huge and fits this space perfectly by the stairs.


I'm still living in a total mess right now~~My dining room corner cabinet is sitting where is is not supposed to be of course until we get the room completed~~then there's the rest of the story~~my dining room table doesn't belong in this room either~~but, hopefully by next week~~



4 comments:

  1. I vote Definately YES to the paint.....the china cabinet, all the elaborate detailing will pop and look awesome, AND the table/chairs, maybe a toile upholstery on the chair seat if you like toile, I adore it. Check out this post from Debra at Common Ground for an extra nudge of inspiration, just highlight the http address below, copy, and paste in your search bar. Can't wait to see the reveal whatever direction you go. Hugs, http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/07/vintage-inspiration-friday-45-just.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I had one too, make it sweet. Thanks for sharing. Richard at My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, all my plants look withered! Hoping for some cooler weather. I love sitting on our front porch a night with my husband. Your place looks so soothing.

    ReplyDelete